Admittedly, she's an unlikely style icon, but with Meryl Streep's recent representation of Maggie Thatcher in The Iron Lady, we've been feeling rather inspired by her power dressing panache.
With a penchant for silky blouses, snappy pencils and bold shades of conservative blue, we wouldn't don Maggie's look top-to-toe, but elements of her style can be adopted to work your way between the seasons.
- Meryl Streep plays Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady
- Maggie was never without the sharp lines of a tailored jacket, the shape-enhancing Trixie fits and flares in all the right places.
- Silky blouses are a Maggie T must-have, but forget those prissy pussy bows, the Kamille blouse with gold bamboo buttons is a more contemporary choice.
- Pencil power is never to be underestimated, the Tara skirt with a kick flare back offers shape and forces a sexy wiggle.
- Maggie was famed for always storing a handbag in the crook of her arm, the quilted leather Romeo bag does just the job.
- Ok, so these aren't strictly Mags, but we love them, the Scarlet snake peeptoes ensure your look isn't conservative at all.