Toni wears the Vincent grey suit
MY STYLE JOURNEY: FASHITECTS14.11.14
Menswear blogger Toni Tran, AKA Fashitects left behind London and took to New York on a stylish state-side adventure. Bedecked in Reiss AW14 menswear, discover how he stayed looking his fashionable best during travels afar.
What are your suitcase essentials when travelling?
- Suits for casual meetings, events and special occasions.
- Long tailored wool coats and jackets/knitwear are a must-have for layering in winter.
- Everybody needs basic tees and a variety of shirts, jeans and trousers.
- A range of shoes from monk straps to sneakers for the long walks.
- A few pocket squares, ties, and socks to diversify accessory styling to suits.
- Grooming products, electrical blogger gadgets like a laptop, camera and chargers.
Which AW14 trends are you currently sporting?
The current trends that I am wearing this season are thick sweaters, wool textures and prints like houndstooth and checks. I'm sticking to a basic monochrome palette to mix and match for every occasion.
What are your favourite hotspots when visiting New York and why?
Central Park, it's a peaceful escape in the centre of all the chaotic traffic, tourists and overwhelming sky scrapers. Who doesn't love to be outdoors with nature, cycling, exercising and getting fresh air?
SoHo is my favourite place for independent retailers and designer boutiques.
Brooklyn Bridge is another favourite because it's the transitional pathway that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn. Not only do you get to see the great architectural skyline of the city walking along the piers, it’s a breath-taking experience at night too.
How best would you describe your signature style?
My signature style besides the statement hair would be sartorial with a modern twist. Adventurous and confidence also come to mind.
The best piece of sartorial advice you've been given?
The best piece of sartorial advice would be, wear your clothes with confidence. Confidence makes you feel elegant and sophisticated, no matter where you are in the world.