Make Your Own
Half the fun of Pancake Day is making the pancakes yourself. Here's a quick and easy method to making the perfect pancake...
1. Put plain flour into a large mixing bowl with a well in the centre. Pour in 350-400ml of milk, or 1/2 milk and 1/2 water for a lighter pancake. Carbonated water will give them a thick and fluffy texture.
2. Whisk the mixture until you have a smooth batter, then add one tablespoon of vegetable oil and whisk again thoroughly.
3. Heat some oil in a crêpe pan or large frying pan over a medium heat for a minute.
4. Add slightly less than a ladeful of batter to the pan and start swirling it around the pan to create an even layer.
5. Cook the pancake for roughly 30-40 seconds, before using a palette knife to lift it up and check if its golden brown. Once you're happy with it, flip it over and cook the other side for the same amount of time before serving.
You'll then be ready to finish your perfect pancake off with any sweet or savoury embellishments you desire... and enjoy!