FAVOURITE PLACE TO HAVE A DRINK:
- Strelka Bar (http://strelkainstitute.com/en/#url=/en/bar) is part of the Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design and is located in a very trendy Red October, ex chocolate fabric. Trendy!
- Shop & Bar Denis Simachev (http://denissimachev.blogspot.com/_ - 24/7 classics. Tasty food and good music.
- Solyanka Bar (http://s-11.ru/) - the best music on Friday and Saturday nights.
BEST LUNCH-BRUNCH SPOT:
- Delicatessen (Sadovaya Karetnaya 20, str 2) - the four co-owners allocated each other roles as bartender, senior waiter, hostess and chef, literally just moved into the restaurant and got in the groove. They welcome guests, cook and serve food, and mix cocktails all themselves.
- DoDo (http://dodoproject.com/) - very cozy, quiet and peaceful place
- very tasty food from the Italian Chef in Bontempi (Bersenevskaya embankment 12. Metro: Kropotkinskaya, +7 (495) 223 13)
- Montalto - New York pizzeria (Sadovaya Kudrinskaya 20) by well-know in Moscow chef Isaac Correa, who also runs Upside Down Cake Company (http://www.upsidedowncake.ru/) - great to spend time chilling with friends.
TO TRY SOME RUSSIAN FOOD:
- 317 (http://www.317.ru/) near the White House (which means that russian politicians dine there!). Good for breakfast and lunch.
- Taras Bulba - Ukranian restaurant where everyone is dressed in traditional costumes, it is mainly for tourists but is has big portions, lots of soups and salads.
FAVOURITE PLACES TO DINE OUT FOR DINNER IN MOSCOW:
- O2 Lounge at the roof of Ritz-Carlton Hotel has an amazing views on the city, one-time experience though because it is very overpriced.
ON A RAINY DAY WHERE’S THE BEST PLACE to soak up some CULTURE IN the CITY:
- Garage Centre for Contemporary Culture (http://garageccc.com/eng/) always has the best exhibitions and events in town.
WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL PLACES TO SHOP:
- Kuznetsky most 20 (http://www.kuznetskymost20.ru/) is a Russian Colette and has a little bar.
- Mood Swings Apartment Store (http://moodswings.ru/) - another nice womenswear shop which is divided into 4 sections that reflect the store’s female-inspired concept.