RULES FOR WEDDING DRESSING
1. If in doubt err on the side of formality.
2. A linen suit is aesthetically and practically apt for a summer wedding.
3. When travelling a suit carrier is a must, there’s nothing more disheartening than retrieving an irreparably crumpled suit from the bottom of a holdall.
4. If the invitation says black tie – wear a tuxedo only.
5. Oxford shoes in black with plain toes are a failsafe choice of shoe.
6. As a general rule of thumb the hotter the season, the lighter hue of the suit.
7. If the invitation expressly states informality, go sans tie – this is not a cue to wear jeans.
8. If you opt for a double-breasted suit jacket, it must remain buttoned up throughout the event.
9. If you insist on wearing pattern, the wisest choice is a subtle check.
10. Keep accessories to a minimum, a watch, tie, belt, cufflinks, and pocket square form an exhaustive list.
Still lacking inspiration? See below for our look by look guide to wedding dressing.